Video từ vựng 600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 15: Promotions, Pensions and Awards – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh 600 Từ vựng TOEIC các bạn nhé!
600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 15: Promotions, Pensions, and Awards
Từ vựng TOEIC theo chủ đề - Lesson 15: Promotions, Pensions and Awards
Read the following passage and write the words in the blanks below.
achievements look forward merits promotions contributions look to obvious recognizes dedicate loyalty productivity value
Congratulations. You have been chosen by your colleagues to receive the Keeler Award of Excellence. This prestigious award (1) _____ employees who have made extraordinary (2) _____ to the corporation over the years.
Your co-workers gave several reasons for selecting you. First, they mentioned your (3) _____ in the marketing department. In the past four years, you have had four (4) _____ in this department, all based on the many (5) _____ of your work in developing our image in new markets. In addition, your (6) _____ to the department is (7) _____ to all. Many of your co-workers mention that they (8) _____ you for advice. Your supervisor praised your high (9) _____.
The Keeler Award acknowledges an employee’s (10) _____ with a $1,000 bonus. We (11) _____ to the opportunity to (12) _____ a rosebush in the company garden in each recipient's name.
The awards ceremony will be held on August 7 on the front lawn at 10:30 am. Again, congratulations.
8. look to
11. look forward
Word Families - 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 15: Promotions, Pensions and Awards
Word Practice - Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 15: Promotions, Pensions and Awards
Part 1 Photo
Look at the picture and listen to the sentences. Choose the sentence that best describes
Part 2 Question—Response
Listen to the question and the three responses. Choose the response that best answers the question.
Part 3 Conversation
Listen to the dialogue. Then read each question and choose the best response.
4. Why will the ceremony be held?
(A) To honour Darrell.
(B) To boast about production figures.
(C) To celebrate the opening of a new office.
(D) To present awards.
5. When will the ceremony be held?
6. What is the speaker's opinion of Darrell?
(A) He is loyal.
(B) He is not productive.
(C) He is unimpressive.
(D) He is not a hard worker.
Part 4 Talk
Listen to the talk. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
7. Who is talking?
(A) Two employees.
(B) An award presenter.
(C) Community volunteers.
(D) A professor.
8. Who is the audience?
9. When did the company open?
Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
10. When he thought about his long career, he realized that his biggest _____ was in developing the new leaders of the company.
11. She has _____ so much time and energy to the project that her name should appear on the award.
12. Hard work and _____ will help you move up the corporate ladder.
13. There is no reason to question her _____ to our company.
14. These microchips are _____ faster and more cheaply in Asia.
15. Because you are a valued and dedicated employee, we are _____ you to director of the department.
Part 6 Text Completion
We are pleased to inform you of your promotion within our company. Starting the first of next month, you will begin in your new position as manager of the Fulfilment Department. During your years as a member of the Fulfilment Department staff, you have made many _____ (16) to the productivity and smooth operation of the department. We have always valued your dedication to your job, and now we are pleased to be able _____ (17) your hard work and fine skills with this promotion. We know you will do a wonderful job. The Personnel Department will contact you seen regarding the changes in your salary and benefits. We _____ (18) welcoming you to your new position next month.
(B) to recognize
(D) will recognize
(A) look forward to
(B) look in on
(C) look for
(D) look to
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
19. When will the awards ceremony be held?
(B) November 5.
(C) November 10.
20. Who will suggest award recipients?
(A) The personnel manager.
(B) The company president.
(C) The assistant manager.
(D) The company staff members.
21. Why does Marilyn Freeland think Janet McGhee deserves an award?
(A) She works on important projects.
(B) She always works long hours.
(C) She looks to others as an example.
(D) She manages the research department.
22. The word Obviously in line 9 of the ﬁrst e-mail is closest in meaning to
23. The word dedication in line 3 of the second e-mail is closest in meaning to
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tuvungtoeic #600essentialwordsforthetoeic #tuvungtoeictheochude