Video từ vựng 600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 16: Shopping – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh 600 Từ vựng TOEIC các bạn nhé!
600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 16: Shopping
Từ vựng TOEIC theo chủ đề - Lesson 16: Shopping
Read the following passage and write the words in the blanks below.
bargains checkout exploring merchandise bear comforting items strictly behaviour expand mandatory trend
Some people love to shop. Others can’t (1) _____ shopping and only go when their clothes are completely worn-out. No one can get away from shopping - unless you can do without eating! Consumption and consumer (2) _____ affects everything we do.
Some purchases are absolutely (3) _____. Everyone needs to eat, wear clothing, and sit on furniture. Other purchases are (4) _____ for luxury (5) _____.
The vast majority of what most of us buy is somewhere in between essential items and frivolous items.
Most people shop by visiting stores on the weekend. It's fun to (6) _____ the number of places you shop in by (7) _____ new stores—even if you don't make a purchase. it’s also (8) _____ to return to stores you know well, where you know what the (9) _____ selection is likely to be.
Most shoppers are looking for (10) _____. Some people even check out all the aisles looking to see if the items they normally use have been marked down. Everyone loves finding that their favorite items are discounted to a lower price. A sale makes going to the (11) _____ counter a happier event.
A steadily growing (12) _____ is shopping from the comfort of home. Many people like to shop by catalogs and over the internet. You can get almost everything, from books to apparel, by mail, without having to leave your home.
Word Families - 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 16: Shopping
Word Practice - Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 16: Shopping
Part 1 Photo
Look at the picture and listen to the sentences. Choose the sentence that best describes the picture.
Part 2 Question—Response
Listen to the question and the three responses. Choose the response that best answers the question.
Part 3 Conversation
Listen to the dialogue. Then read each question and choose the best response.
4. What class is the man taking?
5. How much time did he spend watching consumers?
(A) Two weeks.
(B) Three weeks.
(C) Four weeks.
(D) Five weeks.
6. What did he learn about consumers’ shopping habits?
(A) They hunt for bargains.
(B) They buy more during sales.
(C) Color is a key motivator in clothing selections.
(D) They feel comfortable with the brands they know.
Part 4 Talk
Listen to the talk. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
7. What items are reduced in price?
8. What kind of merchandise does the store carry?
(A) Winter sports equipment.
(B) Gift items.
(D) Work uniforms.
9. How many store visits are required to get a gift?
Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
10. It’s hard to tell it these shoes will be _____ because the leather is so stiff.
11. Due to the store’s success, the owners began to plan an _____ into a larger location.
12. I'd like to _____ this issue with you, but I don’t have time today.
13. Our company policy used to _____ that make employees keep their hair short, but that policy was considered sexist.
14. When you select _____ for the display windows, be sure to include seasonal gifts and clothing.
15. We _____ adhere to the store’s policy of only specially ordering products that have been paid for in advance.
Part 6 Text Completion
Attention Bargain Hunters!
Greene’s Department Store is having its biggest sale ever. Every single item in the store is on sale at unbelievable prices. That’s right—all merchandise, including clothes. shoes. toys, sports equipment, home furnishing, music, and music equipment, is 25 to 75 percent off the usual price.
- Have you always wanted _____ (16) the underwater world? We have diving equipment on sale at 50 percent off.
- Would you like to sleep in a more _____ (17) bed? The prices of beds, mattresses, and bedroom furniture have been reduced by 35 percent.
- Do you dream of _____ (18) your CD collection? Now you can, at a more than affordable price. All CDs, including classical, jazz, rock, and pop, are on sale at three for the price of one.
Visit Greene’s for the bargains of a lifetime. Sale ends Sunday.
(C) to explore
(A) will expand
(B) can expand
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
Designing retail space takes careful planning. Attention should be paid to what research tells us about consumer behaviour. Stores must be designed with the comfort of shoppers in mind. The aisles should be wide enough to allow shoppers to move through them comfortably. Items should be placed where they can be easily seen by shoppers. Nothing should be put on high shelves where it cannot be reached. Pleasant lighting and music also contribute to the comfort and good feeling of shoppers. Shoppers who feel happy and relaxed will make more purchases.
When organizing the merchandise in a store, the trends of each season should be kept in mind. Picnic and beach equipment should be prominently displayed in the summer, for example, while warm clothing should be featured in the winter. Then, shoppers will return to the store because they will see it as a place that provides what they need.
There should be plenty of checkout aisles so that long lines are avoided. Many people cannot hear long waits, and long checkout lines scare shoppers away from stores. Many stores are now using self-service checkout aisles, although they have not yet been completely accepted by shoppers. They are often confusing to use, and many shoppers ﬁnd them impersonal. The old-fashioned human cashier is still popular in most retail outlets. Therefore, it is still considered mandatory for stores to have at least some full-service checkout lines manned by cashiers.
When a store is properly designed, shoppers have a pleasant experience and will want to return. This helps the bottom line of the store owner which is, of course, increased sales.
19. According to the article, which shoppers buy more?
(A) Those who have more money.
(B) Those who can reach high shelves.
(C) Those who feel comfortable in the store.
(D) Those who shop in the summer.
20. What does the article say about self-service checkout aisles?
(A) They are popular everywhere.
(B) They aren’t always easy to use.
(C) They are personal.
(D) They are mandatory.
21. According to the article, what is the most important thing for a store owner?
(A) More sales.
(B) Lighting and music.
(C) Pleasant cashiers.
(D) Wide aisles.
22. The word behaviour in line 2 is closest in meaning to
23. The word bear in line 9 is closest in meaning to
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tuvungtoeic #600essentialwordsforthetoeic #tuvungtoeictheochude