Video từ vựng 600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 27: Board Meetings and Committees – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh 600 Từ vựng TOEIC các bạn nhé!
600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 27: Board Meetings and Committees
Từ vựng TOEIC theo chủ đề - Lesson 27: Board Meetings and Committees
Read the following passage and write the words in the blanks below.
|adhered to concluded lengthy priority agenda go ahead matters progress brought up goals periodically waste|
Committee meetings are a frequent and necessary event at almost every company. In order for meetings to be productive and not viewed as a (1) _____ of time, they should be run efﬁciently. Critical to the success of any meeting is the (2) _____. Everyone who attends the meeting should be aware of the agenda and be prepared to discuss the (3) _____ at hand and the (4) _____ to be accomplished. To avoid (5) _____ discussions, time frames should be set and (6) _____.
The meeting is called to order by the chairperson. Attendance is taken and agenda items are (7) _____ one by one. In general, (8) _____ topics should be at the beginning of the agenda. to make sure that the attendees are able to discuss them fully and make timely decisions. Once the (9) _____ is given for a plan or project, a plan of action is developed. The committee must then (10) _____ check up on the (11) _____ of that plan. The meeting is (12) _____ without any outstanding issues and a date for the next meeting is set.
6. adhered to
7. brought up
9. go ahead
Word Families - Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 27: Board Meetings and Committees
Word Practice - 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 27: Board Meetings and Committees
Part 1 Photo
Look at the picture and listen to the sentences. Choose the sentence that best describes the picture.
Đáp án: D
Part 2 Question—Response
Listen to the question and the three responses. Choose the response that best answers the question.
Part 3 Conversation
Listen to the dialogue. Then read each question and choose the best answer:
4. What do the speakers say about the meeting?
(A) They had a good time.
(B) A lot was accomplished.
(C) Important matters were discussed.
(D) It was too long.
5. How long did the meeting last?
(A) Two hours.
(B) Three hours.
(C) Four hours.
(D) Nine hours.
6. What will the speakers do the next time there is a meeting?
(A) Look at the agenda.
(B) Accomplish more things.
(C) Avoid attending it.
(D) Plan it better.
Part 4 Talk
Listen to the talk. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
7. What is this talk about?
(A) How to have a better staff meeting.
(B) How to make speeches.
(C) How to write an agenda.
(D) How to develop guidelines.
8. What are the listeners asked to do?
(A) Make long speeches.
(B) Discuss personal matters.
(C) Bring something to the meeting.
(D) Follow the agenda.
9. What will happen at 4:30?
(A) The meeting will end.
(B) Goals will be discussed.
(C) Guidelines will be presented.
(D) A new item will be introduced.
Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
10. When using these facilities. please _____ to the rules posted by the door.
11. As the chairman stood to give his _____, everyone in the room was listening.
12. George decided to _____ his business trip by a few days so he could do some sightseeing.
13. The original members of the committee met _____ for lunch or dinner.
14. As her first _____, the committee chairwoman wanted to attract new, energetic members to the group.
15. Even as they _____ through the hundreds of pages of supporting material, the committee was still not convinced that the project was justified.
Part 6 Text Completion
To: Department Staff
From: Alison Roth, Department Manager
All members of the department staff are requested to attend a department meeting next Friday morning. As you know, we meet _____ (16) to review our work of the past months and finalize plans for the coming months. The goal of this Friday’s meeting is to set our priorities for the next six months. The meeting agenda is attached for your review. Let’s agree to follow the agenda and not _____ (17) other matters at this time so that we can finish the meeting in a timely manner. The most important item on the agenda is the budget. We need to take a careful look at our spending practices. We _____ (18) too much money over the past six months. Please come with ideas about how we can use our funds more efficiently in the future. Please arrive at the meeting on time so that we can conclude before 12:00.
(A) set back
(B) go ahead
(C) bring up
(D) adhere to
(B) have wasted
(C) will waste
(D) are wasting
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
19. What was the second item presented at the meeting?
(A) Progress report on overseas expansion.
(B) Reducing waste in our plants.
(C) Reassessing our financial goals.
(D) Hiring and firing policies.
20. Who read the report on hiring and tiring policies?
(A) Madeline Costello.
(B) Jean Duprey.
(C) Cynthia Weinstein.
(D) Samuel Lyon.
21. What time did the meeting end?
22. The word goals in line 3 of the agenda is closest in meaning to
23. The words adhere to in line 6 of the e-mail are closest in meaning to
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader