Video từ vựng 600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 31: Selecting a Restaurant – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh 600 Từ vựng TOEIC các bạn nhé!
600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 31: Selecting a Restaurant
Từ vựng TOEIC theo chủ đề - Lesson 31: Selecting a Restaurant
Read the following passage and write the words in the blanks below.
|appeal daring majority secure arrive familiar mix subjective compromise guidance relies suggestion|
When Atul is trying to impress business contacts who are potential new clients, he takes them to the best restaurant in town. He hopes this will help (1) _____ a new contract for his telecommunications business.
It's hard to determine which restaurants are best. Atul (2) _____ on newspaper and magazine reviews. He also asks his friends and colleagues for (3) _____. They are happy to make a (4) _____.
Food tastes are (5) _____. Although Atul likes to be (6) _____ and take risks, he knows that the food should (7) _____ to a variety of palates. He wants the (8) _____ of his guests to be happy. He usually decides to (9) _____ on a restaurant that offers a menu with a (10) _____ of (11) _____ standards and some exciting specials.
When he calls to book the table, he tells the person taking the reservation what time his party will (12) _____ and the number of people he needs seating for.
Word Families - 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 31: Selecting a Restaurant
Word Practice - Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 31: Selecting a Restaurant
Part 1 Photo
Look at the picture and listen to the sentences. Choose the sentence that best describes the picture.
Đáp án: A
Part 2 Question—Response
Listen to the question and the three responses. Choose the response that best answers the question.
Part 3 Conversation
Listen to the dialogue. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
4. How often do restaurant reviews appear in the local newspaper?
(A) Every day.
(B) Every week.
(C) Every month.
(D) Every year.
5. What is the speakers’ opinion of restaurant reviews?
(A) They are appealing.
(B) They are usually helpful.
(C) They are very subjective.
(D) They are mean.
6. Who recommends restaurants to the man?
(A) His friends.
(B) His mother.
(C) His brother.
(D) His co-workers.
Part 4 Talk
Listen to the talk. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
7. Where is the listener now?
(A) At home.
(B) In the bar.
(C) At the restaurant.
(D) In the parking lot.
8. What does the speaker suggest?
(A) Driving to the restaurant.
(B) Arriving early for drinks.
(C) Making a reservation.
(D) Bringing a big appetite.
9. What time is the reservation for?
Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
10. The colourful vegetables made the dish look _____.
11. Even though the restaurant looked expensive, Pat _____ to order her meal without asking about the prices.
12. If you need some _____ on what to order, be sure to consult your server.
13. Your father is in the kitchen _____ a batch of his famous chocolate chip cookies.
14. This guidebook is several years old, so I would question its _____.
15. I have always found Lola’s restaurant _____ to be very good, so I continue to seek her guidance.
Part 6 Text Completion
Are you looking for a delicious lunch experience that won’t empty your wallet?
Try the Blue Shutters Cate.
Our varied menu _____ (16) to all tastes.
We're famous for our homemade soups, garden-fresh salads, and freshly baked breads and pastries.
Try our homemade pies in all flavours from _____ (17) favourites like apple pie to exotic choices such as loganberry and chestnut meringue.
But _____ (18) on our word alone. Come on down and try for yourself.
We're open Monday through Saturday from 11:00 AM. until 2:30 PM.
Read about the Blue Shutters Cate in the recent edition of the local restaurant guide “Restaurants of Riverdale."
(D) are appealing
(A) no rely
(B) not rely
(C) not to rely
(D) don't rely
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
19. What is the reviewer’s opinion of the restaurant?
(A) The prices are too high.
(B) The food is very good.
(C) The decor is exotic.
(D) The menu is boring.
20. What does the reviewer recommend ordering?
(A) Octopus soufflé.
(B) Tuber salad.
(C) Baked chicken.
(D) Chocolate cake.
21. When does Anna want to arrive at the restaurant?
(A) Before 6:00.
(B) After 7:00.
(C) At 8:00.
(D) By 8:30.
22. The word mix in line 3 of the restaurant review is closest in meaning to
23. The word majority in line 4 of the e-mail is closest in meaning to
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader