Video từ vựng 600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 35: Events – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh 600 Từ vựng TOEIC các bạn nhé!
600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 35: Events
Từ vựng TOEIC theo chủ đề - Lesson 35: Events
Read the following passage and write the words in the blanks below.
|assist exact lead time regulations coordinated general planning site dimensions ideally proximity stage|
Planning an event is not simple. There are hundreds of details that have to be (1) _____, whether it is a wedding or a business conference. Early in the (2) _____ process, you need to decide on the (3) ______. If you know where you want to (4) _____ the event, you should contact the site representative for an (5) _____ description of the facility. The staff will provide you with information about room (6) _____; food and beverage arrangements, including whether there are local (7) _____ or restrictions for serving alcoholic beverages; and required (8) _____ for reserving the site.
If you decide that the first site is not (9) _____ suited for your specific requirements, a guidebook will (10) _____ you in ﬁnding an alternative setting. In considering location, you should also think about its (11) _____ to public transportation.
With a (12) _____ idea of how many people will attend, and how much money you can spend, you can narrow down the available sites to the ones that best accommodate the needs of your group.
8. lead time
Word Families - 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 35: Events
Word Practice - Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 35: Events
Part 1 Photo
Look at the picture and listen to the sentences. Choose the sentence that best describes the picture.
Đáp án: A
Part 2 Question—Response
Listen to the question and the three responses. Choose the response that best answers the question.
Part 3 Conversation
Listen to the dialogue. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
4. What are the speakers discussing?
(A) The wedding coordinator.
(B) The place for the wedding reception.
(C) The decorations for the reception.
(D) The wedding date.
5. Where does the man want to hold the wedding reception?
(A) At a hotel.
(B) In a park.
(C) At a club.
(D) In his backyard.
6. When do they have to sign the contract?
(A) Right now.
(B) Later today.
(C) This week.
(D) In four weeks.
Part 4 Talk
Listen to the talk. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
7. What event is being planned?
(A) A meeting.
(B) An awards ceremony.
(C) A formal dance.
(D) An office party.
8. When will the event take place?
(A) Next week.
(B) Next month.
(C) In the afternoon.
(D) Next weekend.
9. What kind of site are they looking for?
(A) One that is near the office.
(B) A small one.
(C) One that has a stage.
(D) An inexpensive one.
Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
10. Do you need our _____ with any of the evening’s details?
11. The event did not go off well because the _____ did a poor job of organizing it.
12. _____ speaking, the event was poorly organized.
13. When the event planner saw the hotel ballroom, she knew that the size wasn’t _____, but the price was right.
14. Joshua quit his job and started his own business as an events _____.
15. Like restaurants, caterers are subject to _____ concerning safe food handling.
Part 6 Text Completion
The most important part of _____ (16) a successful event is to give yourself plenty of lead time. You don’t want to leave important details until the last minute. Ideally, you should give yourself several weeks to plan your event, or several months if it will be a large affair. The first step is to find a suitable _____ (17) for your event. You want a place that is pleasant and convenient. You also need a place that is the right size. If you have even a general idea of the number of guests you can expect to attend, it will be easy to calculate the _____ (18) of the room that you will need. Many places that rent rooms for events can also provide food and entertainment, and may also assist you with your plans.
(C) to plan
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
19. When will the company banquet take place?
(A) This weekend.
(B) September 20.
(C) September 22.
(D) October 18.
20. Which room will Ms. Haines probably recommend for the banquet?
(A) The Garden View Room.
(B) The Starlight Ftoom.
(C) The Banquet Hall.
(D) The Stardust Ballroom.
21. What will Mr. Richards need assistance with?
(A) The entertainment.
(B) The decorations.
(C) The invitations.
(D) The food.
22. The word ideal in line 5 of the advertisement is closest in meaning to
23. The word coordinating in line 3 of the e-mail is closest in meaning to
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader