Video từ vựng 600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 6: Computers – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh 600 Từ vựng TOEIC các bạn nhé!
600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 6: Computers
Từ vựng TOEIC theo chủ đề - Lesson 6: Computers
Read the following passage and write the words in the blanks below.
access deleted failed search allocate display figure out shut down compatible duplicate ignore warning
When I try to (1) _____ my computer, a (2) _____ pops up that says “Low Memory." From there, I can’t (3) _____ what to do. The computer won’t let me (4) _____ any of my files, so I can’t (5) _____ for those that I could delete. I've already (6) _____ all of my (7) _____ files, and I can‘t believe that my remaining ﬁles are using up so much memory. I’d be happy to (8) _____ the computer’s warning, but I have no option, since the (9) _____ is frozen on this message. Do you think I've (10) _____ to understand something about the operations of this computer? It you can, would you please (11) _____ a few minutes in your busy schedule to help me solve this dilemma? As I said before, I’m sure that my software is (12) _____ and is not the source of this problem.
1. shut down
3. figure out
Word Families - Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 6: Computers
Word Practice - Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 6: Computers
Part 1 Photo
Look at the picture and listen to the sentences. Choose the sentence that best describes the picture.
Part 2 Question—Response
Listen to the question and the three responses. Choose the response that best answers the question.
Part 3 Conversation
Listen to the dialogue. Then read each question and choose the best response.
4. What happens when the man tries to access his e-mail?
(A) The computer shuts down.
(B) A warning appears on the screen.
(C) He hears a beeping noise.
(D) The screen turns black.
5. What will the man do now?
(A) Turn off the computer.
(B) Get a new monitor.
(C) Use a different program.
(D) Wait some more time.
6. What does the woman suggest doing?
(A) Working harder.
(B) Taking the computer back to the store.
(C) Calling someone to fix the computer.
(D) Ignoring the problem.
Part 4 Talk
Listen to the talk. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
7. What does the speaker suggest that listeners do?
(A) Buy his software.
(B) Read the manual.
(C) Figure out the program by tinkering with it.
(D) Consult the competitor’s manual to check for compatibility.
8. What problems could users face?
(A) Their warranties could be invalidated.
(B) Their warning systems could malfunction.
(C) Their computers could shut down without warning.
(D) Their manuals could be inaccurate.
9. What does the speaker recommend doing with files?
(A) Reading them.
(B) Accessing them.
(C) Deleting them.
(D) Copying them.
Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
10. In order to _____ your email messages, you must type in your password.
11. After reviewing the schedule, I realized we had not _____ enough time for the software training.
12. The computer staff is responsible for making sure all system files are _____.
13. _____ to examine the capabilities of the computer carefully has cost us a lot of time and money.
14. She _____ the warning that the hard drive was full, and consequently they were unable to save the test data.
15. The computer will _____ you to save your work before quitting.
Part 6 Text Completion
To: All Office Staff
From: IT Department
Re: Avoiding Computer Problems
We are here to help you with any problems you may have with your computer. Please make our job easier by observing the following guidelines.
- If you have problems seeing the _____ (16), check to make sure that your monitor is turned on.
- If your computer crashes, write down any warning message that appears. We can _____ (17) a problem more easily if we have this information.
- Please do not install any new software without our approval. Some software is not compatible with what is already on the computer and can cause problems.
- Some parts of the company web site are _____ (18) without a password. If you need a password, please let us know and we will assign you one.
(A) ﬁgure out
(B) to figure out
(C) will figure out
(D) ﬁgures out
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
I have decided to get a new computer for my home ofﬁce, and I need your advice to help me select the right one. I have allocated a certain amount of money from my budget for this. I think it is enough for a completely new system including computer, monitor, printer, and scanner. I would like to continue using the software I already use, so I need a system that is compatible with my current system and software. However, I think I should get a different brand. I have had nothing but trouble with the computer I have now. It oten shuts down without warning, and sometimes I can’t access my ﬁles. I haven't been able to ﬁgure out the reason for these problems, and no one has been able to ﬁx it for me.
I plan to go to some stores this Saturday and Sunday to search for my new computer. Would you be able to go with me? If not, I’ll call you before the weekend to get your advice. I have a big project coming up next month, so I would like to get my new computer up and running soon. Let me know if you can help me this weekend
19. What does Janet want Jim to help her with?
(A) Finding money to buy a computer.
(B) Accessing her tiles.
(C) Choosing a new computer.
(D) Repairing her computer.
20. What does Janet plan to do this weekend?
(A) Call Jim.
(B) Go on a date with Jim.
(C) Look for a new computer.
(D) Figure out the reason for her problems.
21. When will Janet’s big project begin?
(C) Before the weekend.
(D) Next month.
22. The word allocated in line 3 is closest in meaning to
23. The word access in line 11 is closest in meaning to
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tuvungtoeic #600essentialwordsforthetoeic #tuvungtoeictheochude