Video từ vựng 600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 7: Office Technology – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh 600 Từ vựng TOEIC các bạn nhé!
600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 7: Office Technology
Từ vựng TOEIC theo chủ đề - Lesson 7: Office Technology
Read the following passage and write the words in the blanks below
affordable durable physical reduce as needed is in charge of provider stays on top of capacity initiates recurring stock
Many companies have one person or a department that (1) _____ running the office. If you have ever worked for a company that doesn’t have an ofﬁce manager, you very quickly learn to appreciate the importance of the job. Who is in charge of placing orders? Who services the fax machine or printer? Who makes sure that the ofﬁce is presentable for customers? Are the new conference tables and shelves (2) _____ as well as (3) _____?
It is the ofﬁce manager's responsibility to maintain an efficient and smooth-running office. He or she looks for ways to (4) _____ costs and minimize interruptions in the day-to-day operations. Whereas functional managers know the (5) _____ of their employees, the office manager knows the (6) _____ capacity of the ofﬁce and the supplies and machines that are in the ofﬁce.
The office manager (7) _____ the ordering of furniture and supplies, and (8) _____ changing office technology. Over time, he or she may notice (9) _____ problems that require changing a service (10) _____. Furniture and large items are ordered on an (11) _____ basis. Other frequently used materials, such as paper, folders, and mailing materials, are on an automatic ordering schedule and a (12) _____ of those supplies is on hand at the ofﬁce.
1. is in charge of
8. stays on top of
11. as needed
Word Families - Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 7: Office Technology
Word Practice - Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 7: Office Technology
Part 1 Photo
Look at the picture and listen to the sentences. Choose the sentence that best describes the picture.
Part 2 Question—Response
Listen to the question and the three responses. Choose the response that best answers the question.
Part 3 Conversation
Listen to the dialogue. Then read each question and choose the best response.
4. What is required for all new purchases?
(A) A receipt.
(B) A charge card.
(C) Up-front payment.
5. What is the purpose of this requirement?
(A) To avoid delays.
(B) To help save money.
(C) To make purchasing a top priority.
(D) To reduce steps in the ordering process.
6. What is the woman’s opinion of this requirement?
(A) It's annoying.
(B) It’s enjoyable.
(C) It's a good Idea.
(D) It’s boring.
Part 4 Talk
Listen to the talk. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
7. Why don't they order units on an as-needed basis?
(A) They’re more expensive.
(B) The provider won’t take individual orders.
(C) Delivery time is too long.
(D) Nobody takes the initiative to place the order.
8. What kind of provider could help them?
(A) A less pushy provider.
(B) A more aggressive provider.
(C) One with better prices.
(D) One with a web site.
9. What does the speaker like about the suggested company’s products?
(A) The durability.
(B) The quality.
(C) The price.
(D) The size.
Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
10. _____ is still a major concern for inner-city schools that want to install computers.
11. Hoping to repeat the success of the previous year's sales _____, the vice president held a meeting of all the managers.
12. The athlete’s extraordinary _____ distracted customers from the auto itself.
13. As promised in our last meeting, this contract _____ you with the best prices.
14. When a problem _____ frequently, it is time to re-examine the process.
15. The employee preferred to have a _____ in salary than to have to continue working with her outdated computer.
Part 6 Text Completion
To: Miriam Ketonen, Office Manager
From: Jason Roberts, Assistant Ofﬁce Manager
There have been recurring problems with the office photocopier, particularly with paper jams. I believe the problem is with the type of machine we have. A machine of this size simply does not have the capacity to handle the amount of copying we normally do. Obviously we can't _____ (16) the number of copies we make. I suggest that it's time to order a larger and _____ (17) machine. I have looked through the catalogs and discovered several that I think would suit our needs. I have selected the most _____ (18) ones, as I know we have a limited amount of money to spend. I have attached their descriptions. Since you are in charge of making large purchases like this, I will need your approval before I go ahead and place the order. Let me know which of the machines you think is best, and I will fill out the purchase order.
(C) more durable
(D) most durable
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
19. What will Mr. Conner buy now?
20. What does he say that he likes about the product he has selected?
(A) It reduces mess.
(B) It is durable.
(C) It has a good price.
(D) It will be delivered regularly.
21. How often will he order refills?
(A) Once a day.
(B) Once a week.
(C) Every month.
(D) When he needs them.
22. The word ‘provider’ in line 2 of the first letter, is closest in meaning to
23. The word ‘stock’ in line 19 of the ﬁrst letter, is closest in meaning to
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tuvungtoeic #600essentialwordsforthetoeic #tuvungtoeictheochude