Video từ vựng IELTS - Unit 24: Adventure - Học Hay
Cùng HocHay học từ vựng IELTS Unit 24: Adventure các bạn nhé!
Từ vựng IELTS - Unit 24: Adventure
Bài tập từ vựng IELTS Unit 24: Adventure - Học Hay
1. Listen to speakers 1-6 describing their adventures. Indicate which of the verbs a—g each speaker uses by writing a letter in the spaces below:
Listen again to speakers 1-6 in Exercise 1. Underline the stressed syllable of each key verb a-f. Practise saying the words out loud.
2. Look at these pairs of words with similar meanings. Complete the sentence pairs 1—8 with words from the table.
A. You can use the expression _____ if you are trying to find something.
B. _____ is a more formal word that you can use if you are trying to find something that is quite important, a job for example.
A. If something is _____, it is boring and depressing.
B. If something is _____, it is not interesting or exciting.
A. Your_____ is the place that you hope to reach.
B. Your _____ is something that you hope to achieve.
A. If you _____ someone. you may come across them unexpectedly or because you have arranged to get together.
B. If you _____ someone. you come across them, usually unexpectedly.
A. When you make a _____, you travel from one place to another.
B. An _____ is the plan you make before you travel.
A. If something is _____, it is very meaningful and may affect the way you think and feel.
B. If something is _____, it is extreme in strength or degree.
A. A _____ role, point or figure in something is one that is important.
B. A _____ role, point or figure in something is one that is very important and affects the success of that thing.
A. If something is _____, it is very useful and/or worth a lot of money.
If something is _____, it is extremely useful and/or worth a great deal of money.
3. Choose words from the table of pairs in Exercise 2 to complete the sentences 1—8.
1. According to our _____ we should be in Zanzibar by 8.30 Tuesday evening.
2. Many people travel to the tropics, _____ -ing sun and adventure.
3. Their _____ through Africa was one that they had been looking forward to for years.
4. If you travel without making reservations, you are likely to _____ problems.
5. Our trip to the coast was rather _____ as it was overcast and the beaches were dirty.
6. Retrieving my stolen passport was a _____ moment — after that, everything went smoothly.
7. After exploring the caves, we're going to _____ my cousin and his wife at the local bar.
8. Seeing the poverty in that part of the word was a very _____ experience — it made me sad and thoughtful.
1 a look for
1 b seek
2 a dreary
2 b dull
3 a destination
3 b goal
4 a encounter
4 b meet
5 a journey
5 b itinerary
6 a profound
6 b intense
7 a significant
7 b pivotal
8 a valuable
8 b priceless
Exam practise Unit 24: Adventure
In Part 2 of the IELTS Speaking exam you have to speak for one to two minutes about a topic you are given. You will receive a task card like the one below. You have one minute to prepare what to say and to make a few written notes if you wish.
For this practice exercise, listen to the model answer and write down seven target words from Unit 24 that the speaker uses.
Describe an adventure that you have had, either at home or abroad.
You should say:
what you did
why you did it
how you felt about it
and explain what you learned from the experience.
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tuvungIELTS #vocabularyforIELTS #tuvungIELTStheochude