Video từ vựng IELTS - Unit 32: Words expressing similarity and difference - Học Hay
Cùng HocHay học từ vựng IELTS Unit 32: Words expressing similarity and difference các bạn nhé!
Từ vựng IELTS - Unit 32: Words expressing similarity and difference
Bài tập từ vựng IELTS Unit 32: Words expressing similarity and difference - Học Hay
1. Circle the words for describing similarity. Underline the words for describing difference.
2. Listen and complete sentences 1—8 using words a—h above.
1. Victor and Vincent are _____ twins.
2. Boys and girls rarely think _____
3. We enjoy watching a _____ range of films.
4. Psychiatry and psychology are two _____ disciplines.
5. The average cost of a house today is _____ to six years’ average annual salary.
6. The minister was sacked for expressing views that were _____ to those of the government.
7. The majority of female respondents reported spending more on sugary snacks; _____, the majority of male respondents said they had spent more on savoury snacks.
8. People who do similar work should receive _____ rates of pay.
3. Each group of words below contains a pair of synonyms. Circle the Odd word out.
4. Choose words from Exercise 3 to complete the sentences below.
You can  _____ or  _____ between two things: however, we normally say that one thing  _____ from something else.
If two things are exactly the same we can say that they are  _____: if they are somewhat the same we can say they are  _____ or  _____.
5. Use your dictionary to complete the table below. There may be more than one answer in some cases.
6. Listen to sentences 1-7. Circle the words in the table above that you hear.
7. Listen to Track 26 again. Complete the summary of each sentence 1—7 below using one of the words you have circled. Make any necessary changes to verb forms.
1. Eating a _____ diet is vital.
2. The dangers involved in flying and sailing are _____.
3. His choice was based on my _____ of the programmes.
4. The _____ between the two songs was notable.
5. The students understood the task _____.
6. His online views are often in _____ to his televised views.
7. Three economic crises were _____.
Circle: a, b, g, h
Underline: c, d, e, f
Circle: varied, comparable, comparison, resemblance, differently, contrast (noun), contrast (verb)
Exam practise Unit 32: Words expressing similarity and difference
Exam practice: Listening - completing a summary
Complete the summary below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
JOB STRESS VS JOB CHALLENGE
Many people experience job stress and describe the workplace as challenging. However, 'stress' and 'challenge' are not  _____ terms. Job stress results when the requirements of a job outstrip the workers capacities. Challenging work is  _____ from stressful work because a challenge encourages the individual to develop capabilities in a healthy way. Meeting a challenge is  _____ to the idea of stretching in order to reach for a goal. Two workers could have very  _____ experiences of identical jobs because no two people are  _____.
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tuvungIELTS #vocabularyforIELTS #tuvungIELTStheochude