Video từ vựng IELTS - Unit 36: Words for problems and solutions - Học Hay
Cùng HocHay học từ vựng IELTS Unit 36: Words for problems and solutions các bạn nhé!
Từ vựng IELTS - Unit 36: Words for problems and solutions
Bài tập từ vựng IELTS Unit 36: Words for problems and solutions - Học Hay
1. Match the words a—d with the situations 1-4.
1. I can't decide whether to go on holiday with my best friend or attend my aunt's wedding. Whatever I decide, someone's going to be very disappointed.
2. My house was set alight at the weekend and everything I own has been destroyed!
3. They're very much in love, but he lives in San Francisco, and she lives in London. That certainly makes things difficult.
4. My passport's expired and I've got to send it off to be renewed. But I need to present my passport to the examiner in order to sit the test next week. What an impossible situation!
2. Listen to each speaker 1-5 describe a problem. Complete each sentence 1-5 with the most appropriate word a—e.
1. The speaker is angry about _____ to her car.
2. The speaker is concerned about the _____ in her grandmother's health.
3. The speaker complains about a _____ that he's in.
4. The speaker is experiencing a _____ and needs help.
5. The speaker is struggling with a _____.
3. For each sentence 1—5 underline the word in italics that best collocates with the word in bold. Listen and check your answers.
1. Don't worry. The damage to your car can be easily resolved/repaired.
2. I'm sure you'd like to do more to intervene in/alleviate her suffering.
3. If you speak to your manager, she may be able to resolve/react to your predicament.
4. I'll be right over! That's not a crisis you should tackle/eradicate on your own.
5. You're never going to repair/resolve that dilemma until you decide what you really want.
4. For each sentence 1—6 underline the word in italics which has the more moderate meaning.
1. If you make the wrong choice, you could damage/destroy your career.
2. Management have promised to solve/address the problem of falling productivity.
3. The government has pledged to tackle/eradicate child poverty by 2025.
4. Women are often faced with the question/dilemma of how to balance family and work commitments.
5. There's been a crisis/complication with the building work; it's nothing too serious, but I'm afraid it's put us behind schedule by a few days.
6. Employing nurses from overseas may alleviate/resolve the skills shortage in the short term, but more needs to be done for the longer term.
5. Underline and correct the nine words which have been misspelt in the paragraph below.
Culture shock can be defined as the difficulty people experience when ajusting to a new culture that is significantly diffrent from their own. There are no fixed symptoms associated with culture shock as each individual reacts to the experience in his or her own way. However, the shock of moving to a foriegn country is often seen as consisting of distinct phases. There is often an initial period of enthusiasm and positive feeling, sometimes refered to as a 'honeymoon phase', followed by a period of growing frustration and anxiety. Over time, the newcomer enters a third phase, a period of ajustment, during which new coping skills are developed. Finally, there is a period of acceptence – the individual can operate in the new enviroment with ease.
There is no set way of aproaching the problem of culture shock. Evidence suggests that each person learns to cope with the transition in their own way. However, the unpleasant symptoms associated with the more difficult phases can be aleviated by a few simple measures: rest, good nutrition, and plenty of social contact.
5. adjusting different foreign referred adjustment acceptance environment approaching alleviated
Từ vựng IELTS theo chủ đề - Words for problems and solutions
Exam practice: Listening — short-answer questions
Answer the questions below. Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer
1. Kerry Wilson is a member of which team?
2. If students have a problem opening a bank account, what should they obtain from the Language Centre?
3. Disputes with landlords can arise in relation to what type of problem?
4. If a student has a disagreement with a landlord, what can members of the welfare team do?
5. In case of a crisis, where can students find the emergency telephone number?
1 student welfare
2 letter of enrolment
3 damage to property
4 intervene (if necessary)
5 welfare handbook
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tuvungIELTS #vocabularyforIELTS #tuvungIELTStheochude