Video từ vựng 600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 18: Shipping – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh 600 Từ vựng TOEIC các bạn nhé!
600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 18: Shipping
Words in Context 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 18: Shipping
Read the following passage and write the words in the blanks below.
accurate fulfil minimize shipping carrier integral on hand sufficient catalog inventory remember supplies
For Mr. Park‘s Asian housewares store, shipping is an (1) _____ part of the business. Many customers need to send their purchases to friends or relatives who live far away. Other customers, who do not live near one of his stores, shop by (2) _____ and need their orders sent by mail.
(3) _____ is, of course, the process of getting goods delivered to a customer, but it is more than just getting a box in the mail. Goods must be packaged carefully to (4) _____ breakage and ensure that they arrive safely. Staff members must keep (5) _____ records of the inventory shipped, so Mr. Park knows at all times the answers to these questions: When did a box leave the store? Who was the (6) _____ who delivered it? When did it arrive at its destination? Customers will have confidence in Mr. Park’s business when he can give quick and accurate answers.
The shipping process must be tied to the store’s (7) _____. When orders are taken, the shipping staff must know that there is (8) _____ inventory of the product on hand to (9) _____ the request. If a product is on order, the sales staff should advise the customer to expect a delay. When orders are shipped out, they must be deleted from the inventory records so Mr. Park knows exactly how many items are (10) _____ in his warehouse. It takes a good computer program to keep track of the additions and deletions to the inventory.
Sales staff must (11) _____ to charge for shipping and appropriate taxes. Mr. Park must keep good records on the cost of the shipping and packing materials and other (12) _____ the cost of the carriers, and staff time to assess whether he is billing enough to cover his shipping expenses.
10. on hand
Word Families 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 18: Shipping
Word Practice 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 18: Shipping
Part 1 Photo
Look at the picture and listen to the sentences. Choose the sentence that best describes the picture.
Part 2 Question—Response
Listen to the question and the three responses. Choose the response that best answers the question.
Part 3 Conversation
Listen to the dialogue. Then read each question and choose the best response.
4. What is the problem?
(A) There aren’t enough boxes.
(B) The addresses were lost.
(C) The packages need repair.
(D) The wrong materials were shipped.
5. Who is responsible for the problem?
(A) The woman.
(B) The man.
(C) The packers.
(D) The suppliers.
6. When should the boxes be shipped?
(C) By Friday.
(D) On the weekend.
Part 4 Talk
Listen to the talk. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
7. What is the topic of the talk?
(A) Company mottos.
(B) High prices.
(C) Customer loyalty.
(D) A weak point in the catalog.
8. What is the company’s basic philosophy?
(A) Unsurpassed customer service.
(B) A good catalog can sell anything.
(C) Outperform the competition.
(D) High quality at low cost.
9. When will the catalog show a comparison of prices?
Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
10. To assure that your order is _____ filled, it will be checked by a two-person team.
11. The suppliers have _____ the terms of our agreement and are now our supplier of choice.
12. Scanning the shipment number is an _____ part of tracking these containers.
13. Keeping customer complaints to a _____ is the job of everyone who works in the store.
14. To keep distribution costs low, we have selected only two _____ firms for the region.
15. Based on their credit check, it seems likely that they have _____ funds to cover this order.
Part 6 Text Completion
In order to _____ (16) breakage of merchandise and loss of shipments and to ensure accurate fulfilment of orders, please observe the following guidelines when preparing packages tor shipment:
1) Check the order form carefully to make sure the item number matches the item number and description in the catalog.
2) Make sure that the address label has been _____ (17) filled out, and particularly that names have been spelled correctly.
3) Each box must be _____ (18) filled with packing material to protect the contents from damage.
4) Packages must be ready to be picked up by the carrier before 3:30 pm. daily.
Following these guidelines is of the utmost importance. Lost and damaged shipments cost the company valuable time and money.
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
Customer Service Department
21986 North Featherstone Avenue
Dear Customer Service,
I am writing about an order I made from the Fleetwood Fashions catalog over a month ago, which I have not yet received. When I called to order two new purses and several spring shirts, the customer service representative assured me that there was sufﬁcient inventory on hand to fulﬁll the order. He told me that it would be shipped before the end of the week and that I would receive it within ten days. When I still had not received the shipment alter 14 days, I called the company. The customer service representative checked the ordering information on the computer, and we discovered that my address had not been accurately recorded. He promised to reship the order with my correct address and told me I would receive it within ten days. That was over two weeks ago, and I still have not received the shipment. I cannot understand this. Perhaps the carrier that you use is not reliable. In any case, I am tired of waiting for my order and would like to cancel it. I am not sure whether I will make an order from your company again. This is unfortunate since it is one of the few places that carry dresses and shoes in my size and at a reasonable price. However, this is the second time I have had a problem with an order, and I don’t want this to happen again. Please cancel my order #20857631. Thank you.
19. When did Lucinda Walker make an order from Fleetwood Fashions?
(A) Last week.
(B) Ten days ago.
(C) Fourteen days ago.
(D) Last month.
20. What did she order?
21. What is the problem with her order?
(A) The price is unreasonable.
(B) The dress size is wrong.
(C) She hasn’t received it yet.
(D) It contained the wrong merchandise.
22. The word fulfil in line 3 Is closest in meaning to
(A) pay for
23. The word carrier in line 8 is closest in meaning to
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tuvungtoeic #600essentialwordsforthetoeic #tuvungtoeictheochude