Video từ vựng 600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 33: Ordering Lunch – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh 600 Từ vựng TOEIC các bạn nhé!
600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 33: Ordering Lunch
Words in Context 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 33: Ordering Lunch
Read the following passage and write the words in the blanks below.
|burdensome elegant individual narrow common falls to list pick up delivered impress multiple settled|
As the ofﬁce manager, it usually (1) _____ Lucia to order the food for a working lunch or an office party. Lucia finds ordering food for a working lunch to be especially (2) _____. First, in order to avoid placing (3) _____ small orders from different food establishments, she must (4) _____ down the choice to one kind of food. The most (5) _____ choices are sandwiches and (6) _____ pizzas.
Once she has (7) _____ on a good choice, she calls a restaurant or other food service on her approved (8) _____. Usually she needs the food (9) _____ so she does not have to leave the ofﬁce and (10) _____ the order herself.
In case of a more formal lunch, where her boss is trying to (11) _____ new clients, for example, Lucia will call a catering service that can provide a more (12) _____ meal.
1. falls to
10 pick up
Word Families 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 33: Ordering Lunch
Word Practice 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 33: Ordering Lunch
Part 1 Photo
Look at the picture and listen to the sentences. Choose the sentence that best describes the picture.
Đáp án: C
Part 2 Question—Response
Listen to the question and the three responses. Choose the response that best answers the question.
Part 3 Conversation
Listen to the dialogue. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
4. Why does the man want to have lunch at the office?
(A) It is burdensome to leave the office.
(B) He has a bad impression of the restaurant
(C) The office is more elegant than the restaurant.
(D) He wants to show slides during lunch.
5. Who will the man have lunch with?
(A) The woman.
(B) The sales staff.
(C) The regional manager.
(D) The conference attendees.
6. What time will lunch be delivered?
Part 4 Talk
Listen to the talk. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
7. What takes 10 minutes?
(A) Delivering the order.
(B) Selecting a meal from the list.
(C) Getting the food ready to be picked up.
(D) Making a group order.
8. How much does a delivery cost?
(A) 15 per cent.
(B) 50 cents.
(C) It's free.
(D) 50 per cent.
9. What kind of food can be ordered from the Parkside Cafe?
(D) Ice cream.
Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
10. George no longer wants to be in charge of lunch orders because he finds that job too _____.
11. We _____ meet the delivery person in the lobby to pick up our orders.
(B) in common
12. The _____ from that restaurant always arrive late.
13. Despite being served in disposable containers, the meal had an _____ touch.
14. Our office manager was so _____ by the speed of the delivery, she decided to order from them again.
15. Let’s order _____ so we can all get what we want for lunch.
Part 6 Text Completion
To: All department staff
From: J. Holtzman, Manager
Re: Ordering Lunch
It has long been the practice in this department to order lunch to be served during department meetings. While this is a custom we all enjoy, it has become a _____ (16) on our budget. Therefore, I have developed the following guidelines for ordering meeting lunches.
— We cannot afford to constantly order elegant lunches. Please limit your orders to common, everyday lunch choices such as sandwiches and salads.
— There are many restaurants in the area that offer take-out lunches. I will _____ (17) the choices down to three or four places that have reasonable prices, then let you know which they are. Please order only from the restaurants on the approved list.
— We will no longer pay for delivery. All lunch orders must be _____ (18) up in person.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
19. When should Molly place the lunch order?
20. If the order costs $45, how much will the delivery charge be?
21. What is Jerry’s opinion of the restaurant?
(A) It’s too far away.
(B) The prices are very high.
(C) It should be open later.
(D) The food looks good.
22. The word common in line 7 of the advertisement is closest in meaning to
23. The word elegant in line 5 of the e-mail is closest in meaning to
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader