Video từ vựng 600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 36: General Travel – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh 600 Từ vựng TOEIC các bạn nhé!
600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 36: General Travel
Words in Context 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 36: General Travel
Read the following passage and write the words in the blanks below.
|agent blanket delayed itinerary announcements board depart prohibited beverage claims embarkation valid|
When Ms. Tan has to go on business travel, she calls her favorite travel (1) _____. He reminds her to make sure that she takes a (2) _____ passport on her trip. Once her reservations have been made and conﬁrmed, the travel agent will issue a ticket and an (3) _____. Before leaving for the airport, she calls the airline to check if the flight is on time and has not been (4) _____.
At the airport, after checking in her suitcase at the check-in counter, since she is (5) _____ from taking more than one piece of carry-on luggage onto the plane, Ms. Tan receives her (6) _____ card. She will present this at the gate when it is time to (7) _____ her flight. She is told to be at the gate 15 minutes before the ﬂight is to (8) _____. During the flight, the attendant may offer her a (9) _____, and she can even request a (10) _____ it she is cold. The captain will make (11) _____ during the flight to let the passengers know at what altitude they are ﬂying, and when they may expect to arrive at their destination.
Once the flight has landed, Ms. Tan disembarks and must go through customs after she (12) _____ her baggage. After this, she will take a cab to the hotel where she is staying, so she can rest and prepare for her meeting the next day. She will also reconfirm her return ﬂight at day or two before she leaves to return home.
Word Families 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 36: General Travel
Word Practice 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 36: General Travel
Part 1 Photo
Look at the picture and listen to the sentences. Choose the sentence that best describes the picture.
Đáp án: A
Part 2 Question—Response
Listen to the question and the three responses. Choose the response that best answers the question.
Part 3 Conversation
Listen to the dialogue. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
4. Who is the man speaking with?
(A) A pilot.
(B) A waitress.
(C) A travel agent.
(D) A flight attendant.
5. What does the woman offer the man?
(A) Something to eat.
(B) Something to read.
(C) Something to drink.
(D) Something to listen to.
6. When will they arrive?
(A) In one hour.
(B) In two hours.
(C) In three hours.
(D) In four hours.
Part 4 Talk
Listen to the talk. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
7. What do passengers have to show the flight attendant?
(A) An embarkation card.
(B) A passport.
(C) A trip itinerary.
(D) A boarding pass.
8. When will the flight leave?
(A) At 1:15.
(B) In twenty minutes.
(C) At nine o’clock.
(D) In ﬁve minutes.
9. What is not allowed before take-off?
(A) Talking on the phone.
(B) Selling things.
Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
10. The desk clerk the change in gate numbers at least an hour ago.
11. When it's time to __ the flight, an announcement will be made.
12. As soon as John his luggage, he went outside to look for a taxi.
13. The man had to his travel plans because an emergency came up at work.
14. The train's _ was delayed because of a problem on the track.
15. The airport applied a blanket rule that all passengers must be in possession of tickets in order to enter the waiting area.
Part 6 Text Completion
Information for Travelers
* We make every effort to leave on time. To avoid _____ (16), please plan to arrive at least one hour before your scheduled departure time. This is especially important because all passengers must pass through security control.
* Scissors, nail clippers, and other sharp instruments _____ (17) on board. Leave these items at home or surrender them to the security officer in charge.
* Each passenger is allowed two small carry-on bags. Check your excess luggage with the attendant. You can claim it at the end of your trip.
* We request that passengers remain in the waiting area until the attendant _____ (18) the embarkation time. Please don't attempt to board ahead of time.
* Your comfort is our priority. Snack service is available on board. Please ask the attendant for pillows and blankets if you require them.
Thank you for traveling with us. Have a safe and happy trip.
(C) are prohibited
(D) are prohibiting
(C) will announce
(D) does announce
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
Breezeway Travel Agency
Itinerary for: Edward Rochester
April 15 Depart New York City — 10:30 PM.
*Solar Airlines ﬂight 133
Arrive Seattle, WA — 12:15 PM.
Hotel: Puget Inn
1764 Capital Street
April 18 Depart Seattle — 8:05 AM.
***Arrive Vancouver, Canada 11:20 A.M.
Hotel: Gas Town Hotel
375 Alaska Avenue
April 20 Depart Vancouver — 11:30 PM.
*Solar Airlines ﬂight 136
April 21 Arrive New York City — 5:10 A.M.
*Please arrive at airport at least one hour ahead of scheduled departure time.
Plane will begin boarding 20 minutes ahead of scheduled departure time.
It is prohibited to bring firearms, explosive devices, or sharp instruments on board any Solar Airlines ﬂight.
There is no meal service on board any Solar Airlines ﬂight. Beverages will be available for sale.
**Please arrive at train station 30 minutes before scheduled departure time.
****A valid passport is required for entry into Canada.
19. How many nights will Mr. Rochester stay at the Puget Inn?
20. What time can he get on the return flight to meaning to New York City?
21. What can he buy during the flight?
(A) A meal.
(B) A drink.
(C) A passport.
(D) A train ticket.
22. The word itinerary in line 2 is closest in meaning to
23. The word prohibited in line 20 is closest in
(A) not encouraged
(D) not allowed
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader