Video từ vựng 600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 45: Media – HocHay
Cùng HocHay học tiếng Anh 600 Từ vựng TOEIC các bạn nhé!
600 Từ vựng TOEIC– Lesson 45: Media
Words in Context 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 45: Media
Read the following passage and write the words in the blanks below.
|assignments constitutes impact links chooses decisions in-depth subscribes constant disseminated investigative thoroughly|
Chen likes to get his news from the paper. Lemma turns on the television to find out what’s going on in the world. Eve (1) _____ to more magazines than she can keep track of, whereas Kobi (2) _____ to listen to radio talk shows that cover issues (3) _____ to tap into what’s going on in the world. All these people are touched by the media.
What is the media? What (4) _____ the media? The media consists of all the ways that news and information is (5) _____ to a mass audience. The media covers everything from hard news, which is (6) _____ reporting, to stories that are purely entertaining, such as whether your favorite movie star was on the “Best Dressed/Worst Dressed" list. Whether in print or broadcast on TV, the stories are the product of the reporting of many journalists who write the stories, and editors who give out the (7) _____, assess the quality of the writing and research, and make the (8) _____ about where and when the stories run.
The news has an immediate (9) _____. The Internet puts global news onto the personal computer on your desk. Almost all browsers have (10) _____ to up-to-the-minute news stories from various news services. You can get (11) _____ news updates from a variety of sources via your personal computer, providing you with the most up-to-date and (12) _____ coverage.
11 . constant
Word Families 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 45: Media
Word Practice 600 Từ vựng TOEIC – Lesson 45: Media
Part 1 Photo
Look at the picture and listen to the sentences. Choose the sentence that best describes the picture.
Đáp án: C
Part 2 Question—Response
Listen to the question and the three responses. Choose the response that best answers the question.
Part 3 Conversation
Listen to the dialogue. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
4. According to the woman, why are newspapers better than TV news shows?
(A) Newspaper editors are decisive.
(B) Newspaper coverage is more thorough.
(C) Newspaper stories are more interesting.
(D) Newspapers cover better stories.
5. How long has the woman worked as a newspaper reporter?
(A) Four years.
(B) Thirteen years.
(C) Fourteen years.
(D) Thirty years.
6. What is the man’s job?
(A) Investigative reporter.
(B) TV news reader.
(C) Journalism teacher.
(D) Journalism student.
Part 4 Talk
Listen to the talk. Then read each question and choose the best answer.
7. What is the topic of the news report?
(A) A speech made by the country’s president.
(B) The state of the national economy.
(C) Fraud committed by a company president.
(D) An industry report.
8. At what time can this news report be heard?
9. Why won’t Mary Milo report the news tonight?
(A) She is sick.
(B) She got a new job.
(C) She is away on vacation.
(D) She has another assignment.
Part 5 Incomplete Sentences
Choose the word that best completes the sentence.
10. I don’t want to pressure you, but you need to _____ the reporter who will cover the mayor’s race this year.
11. By _____ asking questions, Harry was able to get the information he wanted for his report.
(D) constantly _
12. Georgette _____ to stop subscribing newspaper because she felt the quality of the reporting had deteriorated.
13. The reporters followed the official _____ by interviewing all the witnesses to the crime.
14. I need to renew my _____ for cable television, but I can’t find the form.
15. The editor was impressed with how _____ the to the reporter was in getting the details from his sources.
Part 6 Text Completion
Stay on top of what's happening in today's world by _____ (16) to News Story Weekly, the weekly news magazine that is read by politicians, corporate executives, and ordinary citizens like you.
News Story Weekly provides you with _____ (17) coverage of the week’s most important news, both national and international. News Story Weekly thoroughly investigates worldwide events that have an impact on your life and delivers this news to your mailbox every week.
News Story Weekly is disseminated throughout the country and is read by citizens from all walks of life. People who care about what’s happening in the world _____ (18) News Story Weekly. Shouldn’t you be one of them?
To subscribe to News Story Weekly, call our offices at 888-685-9321, or visit us online at www.nsw.com.
(B) to subscribe
(D) should subscribe
(A) is choosing
(B) has chosen
Part 7 Reading Comprehension
19. Why did Mark Conway write the letter?
(A) To express an opinion about the news.
(B) To get a subscription to News Story Weekly.
(C) To offer Ms. Richards an assignment.
(D) To apply for a job as a reporter.
20. What did Mark Conway enclose with his letter?
(A) Newspaper articles.
(B) A resume.
(C) Letters of reference.
(D) His university diploma.
21. When will Mark Conway know Michelle Richards’s decision?
(A) April 12.
(B) April 15.
(C) May 15.
(D) June 1.
22. The word impact in the first letter, second paragraph, line 2 is closest in meaning to
23. The word constantly in the second letter, line 2 is closest in meaning to
#hochay #hoctienganh #hocanhvanonline #luyenthitienganh #hocgioitienganh #apphoctienganh #webhoctienganh #detienganhonline #nguphaptienganh #tienganhthuongmai #marketleader